[Sca-cooks] Images of meals in BSB Clm 835

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Jun 27 23:09:53 PDT 2011

On 6/27/2011 4:23 PM, wheezul at canby.com wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on what longish things might be
> that look like all the world to me as breadsticks?  The color seems to
> vary a bit (but then the fish can be green too), and in many images people
> touch them with two fingers.  In one there is a person grasping and
> separating a section.

Katrine, those actually sort of _are_ breadsticks. They called them
sops, and were the fancier version of the bit of bread you wipe the last
of the soup up with. Henisch talks about them in _Fast and Feast_, but
my copy is buried here somewhere in the pre-war packing mess and I'm not
going to dig through the pile to find it. For all I know Jimmy Hoffa is
in there.

(PS- you will be there, yes? drop me a line of FB private message...)

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore