[Sca-cooks] Hildegarde ...

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:41:09 PDT 2011

Sorry I am in the middle of a big move and all my books (164 boxes, almost
3000 volumes, are on a store). But in Sweden it's a lot of research about
her and I am quoting from the research, I don't remember myself some
specific passages. But she influenced holy Birgitta, Swedens patron saint,
and she was a visionary and a writer too, her visions were transcripted in
the same way as Hildegarde. And holy Birgitta was a mother of several
children and many of her writings had with mothership and women diseases to
do.
Sorry I can't be more precise!
Ana

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:13 AM, emilio szabo <emilio_szabo at yahoo.it> wrote:

> > << > She wrote about menstruation and many of her herbs were used for >
> >contraception > and early abortions, >> > > > Ana, could you please tell
> us
> >where exactly Hildegarde speaks about these > topics.<< There is a book
> called
> >Physica,
> >
> http://www.amazon.com/Hildegard-von-Bingens-Physica-Translation/dp/0892816619I
> >read a French edition, but there is an English translation,  Causes and
> Cures of
> >Hildegard of Bingen, Charlotte, VT: MedievalMS, 2006, 2008. >>
>

> Ana, my question was more specific. I am well aware both of _Physica_ and
> of
> _Causes and cures_.
>
> However, I want to know, where exactly Hildegard wrote about the topics you
> mentioned and what exactly she wrote.
>
> Please quote the work and the relevant passage in question.
>
> One of the reasons I am asking: there is much strange folklore floating
> around
> about Hildegarde, therefore I am trying to check the evidence from her
> works.
>
> Thank you!
>

> E.

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://passagenwerk.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci