[Sca-cooks] Ginger Beer?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Jun 5 11:32:40 PDT 2011

On 6/5/2011 8:14 AM, David Walddon wrote:
> I am making some light "beer" like recipes today for the summer season.
> I have a lemon rasion recipe and a cherry "wine" recipe from  Digby.
> Does anyone know if there is a ginger beer type recipe from period?
> Eduardo

Digby's 'Weak Honey Drink' (Small Mead) is in Cariadoc's _Miscellany_
(http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/drinks.html#1
<http://www.pbm.com/%7Elindahl/cariadoc/drinks.html#1>  ) is very like
ginger beer- more so if you increase the ginger in the recipe. Give it a
try! It comes out at about 3% alcohol, is very light and refreshing.

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore