[Sca-cooks] dry milk

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jun 9 07:21:15 PDT 2011

Nonfat dry milk is skim milk that has been dehydrated to powder.  Whole milk
and 2% are also converted to powder, but you will find them more commonly in
commercial uses such as baking (look for whole milk solids in the
ingredients .  The greater the fat content of the powder, the more likely it
is to go rancid.

Filled milk is skim milk with non-dairy fats (usually vegetable oil) added
back in and dehydrated to form evaporated milk.

Bear