[Sca-cooks] ISO resources for history of cast iron cookware

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Tue Jun 14 13:44:26 PDT 2011

one thing to consider...most of the illustrations of pots in period cannot tell us if they were cast iron or
cast bronze (or even perhaps ceramic or fabricated from sheet). they can only tell us what shape they were,
and sometimes if they were black or not (which my experience says ALL pots end up as black on the outside
after one or two uses over a fire!)

I concur that extant examples are going to be our best way of figuring out what they used for sure...

--Anne-Marie

On Tue 11/06/14 11:04 , "Terry Decker" t.d.decker at att.net sent: