[Sca-cooks] salt pigs was pottery

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:51:42 PDT 2011

I have to make 100% certain but salt pigs are not period. I believe they would be very late period English if they were anything. I have seen many salt cellars on pedestals and salt bowl like items. However the more country type "pig" that we see at faired are more 18th century.

I could be wrong as I am using my faulty memory and can't check any of my pottery books. I'm sure Mistress Huette will correct me if I am wrong (she's my proxy Laurel and my Laurel is Master Hroar).

--Mercy
Potter
Caid