[Sca-cooks] large birds for feasts

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Mar 3 14:23:02 PST 2011

I much prefer telling people precisely what they are eating and find recipes
appropriate to the time and place of the feast I am preparing.  If I don't
have bustard or swan, I do have chicken.  And if the time frame is prior to
1530, turkey is out.  But if I am recreating a German feast from late-16th
Century sources, well, hey, Rumpolt gives me twenty ways to prepare turkey.
And since I was doing that for my last feast, I served cold, sliced turkey
ala Rumpolt.  The hall probably detracted more from the atmosphere than what
I served.

Bear