[Sca-cooks] Fasting for Lent

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Mar 9 11:00:35 PST 2011

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Kingstaste wrote:

> Greetings all, and welcome to Lent.

[snip]

> Is anyone else fasting for Lent or for Spring?  What do you hope to get out
> of it?  Will you go back after your fast is over?
>
> Christianna

I've thought about it, but we leave for Gulf Wars on Sunday, which
complicates things slightly. Maybe once we're back--once upon a time I
tried lacto-ovo vegetarianism, and discovered that going without animal
flesh protein does weird bad things to my mental stability. My sister has
the same problems I do--we can't eat much red meat, but we can't go
without meat entirely, either. Perhaps I shall experiment with a monastic
diet rather than a full-on Lenten fast, and see if fish and seafood
items are sufficiently animal to keep me stable.

Margaret FitzWilliam