[Sca-cooks] [MR] Smithsonian looking for indigo dyers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 10 19:57:44 PST 2011

I know this is a bit off-topic for this list, but I'm not on any dyeing lists and I know some of the folks here are into dyeing. Woad uses the same active ingredient, but I don't know if they are wanting to just limit this workshop to indigo or not. This originally appeared on the Mary Rose (Kingdom of Atlantia) list.

Stefan

<<< The Smithsonian Associates is interested in exploring the possibility of a
workshop on the indigo dyeing process. If you are well versed in the technique
and are interested in teaching, please contact Marybeth Kelley, Program
Coordinator for Studio Arts at?kellema at si.edu

This workshop would compliment a program Smithsonian is putting together with
curators from the National Museum of African Art, African artist, Aboubakar
Fofana, who works traditionally with Indigo, and author, Catherine McKinley,
whose new book on ?indigo will be released this summer.>>>