[Sca-cooks] 2 feast lunches in 2 weekends - what was I thinking LONG

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 16 23:59:22 PDT 2011

Gwen Cat described 2 recent lunch feasts she cooked.

<<<  Apprentice stayed outside (thankfully the weather was reasonably nice) managing
the stove, and another gal had her husband bring their indoor propane burner and
spent over an hour frying the rice pudding fritters.  ALL the rice pudding was
eaten (folks lay in wait looking for the next batch to come out of the pan) >>>

Original recipe and redaction, please? This is just weird enough that it has my interest. :-)

Does this actually brown the rice? I'd think you probably wouldn't want that, or particularly to burn the rice, but it seems like it would be difficult to avoid. I wonder if this was meant to be done with 'leftover' rice pudding, originally?

How did you manage keeping your quality up? Many dishes that have to be cooked in small batches seem to be problematic in feast settings. I thought that wafers would suffer from this, but folks apparently can cook those ahead of time. Did you plan on cooking this in batches? Or did you serve what you had and then had such a demand that you started cooking additional batches?  If you planned on cooking this in batches from the first, how did you manage it in a reasonable amount of time. (ie: before the feasters caused a riot)?

<<< PS the A&S lunch was brass bowl, and we recovered the initial cost and made a
nice profit for the event above that cost. >>>

"brass bowl"? I've not heard that term before. Do you mean by donation? Did you have a "suggested" donation?

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com