[Sca-cooks] What is samidh flour?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Mar 21 13:15:40 PDT 2011

I'm thinking this may be emmer (AKA starch wheat) rather than semolina
(durum), although fine semolina is better than all purpose flour.  Emmer is
generally lower in protein and higher in starch than Semolina.  Pastry flour
has roughly the same properties as emmer flour, so it can be substituted.
However, this too is speculation.

Bear