[Sca-cooks] IACP Announces 2011 Award Finalists

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Mar 22 09:33:58 PDT 2011

It's that time again ---
The International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP)has
announced their finalists for the 2011 Cookbook Awards

Johnnae
American
"The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern" Author(s): Matt Lee, Ted Lee

"The Winemaker Cooks" Author(s): Christine Hanna

"Fried Chicken & Champagne: A Romp Through the Kitchen at Pomegranate
Bistro"Author(s): Lisa Dupar

Baking: Savory or Sweet
"Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cookies"
Author(s): Alice Medrich

"Good to the Grain" Author(s): Kim Boyce, Amy Scattergood

"Bon Appetit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and
Wonderful" Author(s): Barbara Fairchild

Culinary History
"Culinary Ephemera: An Illustrated History"
Author(s): William Woys Weaver

"97 Orchard" Author(s): Jane Ziegelman

"Chanterelle Dreams, Amanita Nightmares: The Love, Lore, and Mystique
of Mushrooms"Author(s): Greg Marley

Compilations
"The Essential New York Times Cookbook" Author(s): Amanda Hesser

"Southern Living 1,001 Ways to Cook Southern" Author(s): Editors of
Southern Living

"The Southern Foodways Alliance Community Cookbook" Author(s): Sara
Roahen, John T. Edge

Chefs and Restaurants
"Flying Pans: Two Chefs, One World"
Author(s): Bernard Guillas, Ron Oliver

"Michael Chiarello's Bottega" Author(s): Michael Chiarello

"Fiesta at Rick's" Author(s): Rick Bayless, Deann Bayless

Children, Youth and Family

"Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners"
Author(s): Sara Moulton

"Italian Home Cooking"
Author(s): Julia Della Croce

"The Baby & Toddler Cookbook" Author(s): Karen Ansel, MS, RD, Charity
Ferreira

First Book
"Fried Chicken & Champagne: A Romp Through the Kitchen at Pomegranate
Bistro"
Author(s): Lisa Dupar

"Salted: A Manifesto on the World's Most Essential Mineral, with
Recipes"  Author(s): Mark Bitterman

"Cooking with Italian Grandmothers: Recipes and Stories from Tuscany
to Sicily"
Author(s): Jessica Theroux

Food Matters
"American Wasteland"
Author(s): Jonathan Bloom

"Good Meat"
Author(s): Deborah Krasner

"What I Eat: Around the World in 80 Diets" Author(s): Peter Menzel,
Faith D'Aluisio

"The Wild Table"
Author(s): Connie Green, Sarah P. Scott

Food Photography and Styling
"Noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine"
Author(s): René Redzepi

"Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes From My Home To Yours"
Author(s): Dorie Greenspan

"Flying Pans: Two Chefs, One World"
Author(s): Bernard Guillas, Ron Oliver

General

"Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes From My Home To Yours"
Author(s): Dorie Greenspan

"The Country Cookbook"
Author(s): Belinda Jeffery

"Forgotten Skills of Cooking"
Author(s): Darina Allen

Health and Special Diet

"Essentials of Nutrition for Chefs"
Author(s): Catharine Powers, Mary Abbott Hess

"Food Matters Cookbook" Author(s): Mark Bittman

"Seriously Good! Gluten-Free Baking"  Author(s): Phil Vickery

International
"The Country Cooking of Ireland" Author(s): Coleman Andrews

"Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge"
Author(s): Grace Young

"My Calabria"
Author(s): Rosetta Costantino with Janet Fletcher

Literary Food Writing
"As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child & Avis DeVoto"
Author(s): Joan Reardon

"A Food Lover's Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela"
Author(s): Dee Nolan

"Boozehound: On the Trail of the Rare, the Obscure, and the Overrated
in Spirits"

Author(s): Jason Wilson

Professional Kitchens
"Wedding Cake Art and Design: A Professional Approach"
Author(s): Toba Garrett

"Essentials of Nutrition for Chefs"
Author(s): Catharine Powers, Mary Abbott Hess

"Bromberg Bros. Blue Ribbon Cookbook"
Author(s): Bruce Bromberg, Eric Bromberg

Food and Beverage Reference/Technical
"Food Styling: The Art of Preparing Food for the Camera"
Author(s): Delores Custer

"Salted: A Manifesto on the World's Most Essential Mineral, with
Recipes"
Author(s): Mark Bitterman

"Mastering Cheese"
Author(s): Max McCalman, David Gibbons

Single Subject
"Meat: A Kitchen Education"
Author(s): James Peterson

"Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cookies"
Author(s): Alice Medrich

"Salades"
Author(s): Damien Pignolet
Editor: Kathleen Gandy
Photographer: Anson Smart
Publishing Company: Penguin Group (Australia)
Imprint: Lantern

Wine, Beer or Spirits
"Asian Palate"
Author(s): Jeannie Cho Lee"Taste Buds and Molecules"

Author(s): Francois Chartier
Editor: Erin Kern

"Exploring Wine: Completely Revised Third Edition" Author(s): Steven
Kolpan, Michael A. Weiss, Brian H. Smith, The Culinary Institute of
America

2011 Bert Greene Finalists

Culinary Writing about Beer, Wine, and/or Spirits
"Drinking in Islamabad"
Lawrence Osborne
Playboy Magazine

"Revolutionary Spirit"
David Wondrich
SAVEUR Magazine

"Divide & Conquer: Thanksgiving Wine Pairing Dish by Dish"
Patrick Comiskey
www.zesterdaily.com

Blog
"Hunter Angler Gardener Cook"
Hank Shaw
www.honest-food.net

"Politics of the Plate"
Barry Estabrook
www.politicsoftheplate.com

"You Fed a Baby Chili?"
Benjamin Rhau
www.youfedababychili.com

Culinary Writing That Makes a Difference
"A Tale of Two Dairies"
Barry Estabrook
Gastronomica

"The (Surprising) Truth About Salt"
Rachael Moeller Gorman
Good Housekeeping

"The Future of Milk"
David Goodman
EatingWell: Where Good Taste Meets Good Health
Recipes: Jim Romanoff

Culinary Writing: Restaurant and/or Chef with or without Recipes
"Eternal Pleasures"
Anya von Bremzen
SAVEUR Magazine

"Lafayette and the Revolution: Manning the Barricades with Jean-Georges"
Alan Tardi
Food Arts

"Spirit of the Bistro"
Alexander Lobrano
SAVEUR Magazine

Culinary Writing with Recipes
"A Thing of Beauty"
Sara Dickerman
SAVEUR Magazine

"Fig Heaven"
Georgia Pellegrini
Food Heroes

"Roots of the Deli"
David Sax
SAVEUR Magazine

Culinary Writing without Recipes
"Grecian Formula"
Alan Richman
enRoute

"The Catch"
Barry Estabrook
New York Times Magazine

"The Hungry Metropolis"
Jonathan Gold
SAVEUR Magazine

2011 Culinary Classics Nominees

"American Heritage Cookbook"
American Heritage Publishing
Publisher: Simon & Schuster, 1964

"A Book of Mediterranean Food"
Elizabeth David
Publisher: John Lehmann Ltd., 1950

"The Classic Italian Cook Book"
Marcella Hazan
Publisher: Harper's Magazine Press, 1973, Alfred A. Knopf, 1977

"Delights and Prejudices"
James Beard
Publisher: Konecky & Konecky,  1964

"The Gastronomical Me"
M.F.K.Fisher
Publisher: Duell Sloan and Pearce, 1943

"Joy of Cooking" (1975 edition)
Irma S. Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker
Publisher: Bobbs-Merrill, 1975

"Mastering the Art of French Cooking" (2 volumes)
Julie Child, Simone Beck, Louisette Bertholle
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf, Vol 1, 1961; Vol 2, 1970

"On Food & Cooking"
Harold McGee
Publisher: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1984

"Oxford Companion to Food"
Alan Davidson
Publisher: Oxford University Press, 1999

"Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen"
Paul Prudhomme
Publisher: William Morrow, 1984