[Sca-cooks] Coping with limited cooking facilities for feast

Euriol of Lothian euriol at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 16:51:07 PDT 2011

You might consider space for crock pots & electric roasters... grills to be used outside. Items that can be pre-cooked. Much will depend on your budget.

I have cooked a feast for about the same number with a field kitchen, so it can be done. This was late Spring when I cooked it and I picked dishes that I know would go well. Two grilled meats and a grilled fish, served with sauces and other items that were well received cold. If you can get a hold of a couple of large rice cookers, that would also be good if you have the electric outlets.

You can also talk to your autocrate about an auxcillary area where you can set up a number or the electric crock pots, roasters, rice cookers with a power strip to manage them. Just make sure that the electric circuits can take the load.

Euriol