[Sca-cooks] Fasting for Lent

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 09:56:22 PST 2011

>>Is anyone else fasting for Lent or for Spring?  What do you hope to get out
>>of it?  Will you go back after your fast is over?

I'm trying to do a very totally vegan diet: low fat, low grain, lots
of veggies.  Since 1976, I've been lacto-ovo vegetarian with
occasional fish, but the stricter diet is recommended for diabetes
control.  Lent seems like a good place to try it.  I'll be looking
for medieval recipes, but I'm not limiting myself to that.  My family
isn't vegetarian, so not sure I can stick with it.

Ranvaig