[Sca-cooks] Fasting for Lent

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 18:59:17 PST 2011

Christianna said:
<<< Each year since I've used the 6 week period to eliminate something from my
diet. I've done corn, sugar, New World Foods, and others.  This year I'm
going back to sugar. >>>

I remember you doing fasts in previous years, but I didn't realize you'd done so many. It would be interesting to hear more of your experiences. Which ones were the most difficult? What were the "others"? Did any of these make particular impressions on you? Did your "corn" fast include things like corn syrup? I could see that as being very difficult, but then I eat many processed foods. Do you find yourself splurging on the "forbidden" foods after you end your fast?

This year are you including corn syrup in your prohibitions? Or just cane and beet sugar?

I commend your diligence and perseverance.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com