[Sca-cooks] A fun early period cooking tools class.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 00:22:46 PDT 2011

Gunthar said:
<<< After showing the implements he then showed the class how to make charcloth and then taught
how to make a fire using a flint and steel. I'm happy to say that for the first time in my life
I was able to make a fire with this technique. I've long wanted to learn but finally had the
chance. >>>
and
<<< Now to go find a nice metal box to make charcloth.... >>>

Perhaps these two files in the HOME, SWEET HOME section of the Florilegium might be of interest:
Fire-Starting-art (14K) 9/ 3/09 "Period fire starting and Archimedes Death
Ray" by Viscount Sir Corin Anderson.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/HOME/Fire-Starting-art.html

firestarting-msg (9K) 2/27/05 Period firestarting techniques.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/HOME/firestarting-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com