[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 59, Issue 62

bronwynmgn at aol.com bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 08:21:06 PDT 2011

<<Vegemite is good in grilled cheese sandwiches (it's the only way I can eat
t). Or onion relish.
s far as different cheeses go, you can't go past Red Leicester for
rilling/melting I think.
(What is Velveeta BTW?)

Be glad you don't know what Velveeta is.  That stuff isn't cheese.  It's "processed pasteurized cheese food" (quote from the label)designed for smooth melting, not flavor.  It seems that Americans either eat it or don't - my husband was raised in a family that does, I was raised in a family that won't touch the stuff.
I got hooked on toasted cheddar and onion sandwiches when I was an exchange student in England many years ago.
Brangwayna Morgan