[Sca-cooks] Original Borgias Feast

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Mon Mar 28 11:00:56 PDT 2011

>>> Susan Lin <susanrlin at gmail.com> 3/28/2011 11:19 AM >>>
well, it does say "inspired by" so I guess the chefs took a character and
then made a dish they thought the person might like.  It would have been
more fun (for us) if they had tried to stay true to the time period but it
is what it is.
Hopefully the food shown on the series will be more accurate.   Reminds me of the old story of the original Ivanhoe movie (Liz and Robert Taylor).   They had a roast with potatoes.  Someone said that they didnt' have potatoes 'back then'.  The director stopped the filming to replace the taters with apples.

Ah, the good old, bad old days...

Cailte