[Sca-cooks] Some Rumpolt numbers

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Tue Mar 29 22:50:19 PDT 2011

As most of you know, I've been translating Rumpolt's Ein New
Kochbuch, one of the earliest *printed* cookbooks.

I finally had the nerve to count the recipes and see how far I have left to go.
(Before the transcript was finished, it wasn't an easy number to calculate).

There are a total of 1952 recipes, of which I've translated 1017 or 52%

Some recipes are longer than others, and I didn't count some of the
earliest ones that need to be done over.   So, not quite as far as I
hoped, but I can track progress now.

Ranvaig