[Sca-cooks] Coping with limited cooking facilities for feast was Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 59, Issue 68

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 09:57:45 PDT 2011

Greetings Theodora

Best of luck.  I have done a couple of 'limited resources' feasts.  One was just
this month - look in the archives for '2 feast lunches in 2 weekends'  And the
12th night I did about 2 years back had a simple home stove with one oven and 2
microwaves (but dont use them at the same time ;-)  Thankfully it had a large
area for prep in the kitchen, and a patio out back for the propane burner.  For
that matter the Crown Tourney feast about 18 months back also had a home stove
and a small kitchen.  I would suggest setting up 2 tables for prep just outside
the kitchen that lets your helpers SIT too.

I can advocate roasters - but bring a power strip for EACH ONE and dont put more
than one on any outlet, if they cycle together they can easily blow a circuit.
Also camp stoves (the big free standing type) and 'turkey fryer' burners are
fantastic if you have an outdoor space to use them.  Planning cold/room temp
items will help too.

I dont seem to have webbed the crown tourney recipes from September 09 (at least
I think that was the year) but I have PDFs for the last two feasts and can look
for the other one if it would be helpful.

Knowing the limitations in advance you can plan for them (see note about
"surprise, the stove is GONE " ;-)

PURR
Gwen Cat

Message: 1