[Sca-cooks] OOP any recipes? oyster

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Mar 19 11:42:31 PDT 2011

Oyster stew.

Chop an appropriate amount of potatoes and onions (you didn't mention
what size jar, so you'll hafta decide).
Bring potatoes to a boil, barely covered in salted water. Add onions
about halfway to done. Drain water at just shy of done, and add milk.
Bring just to a simmer. Add butter (lots) and pepper (ditto) to taste,
drop in oysters, and serve. Basicly, you want the oysters to just warm
through, rather than cook.

Another usage- make a usual dressing for a stuffed turkey or other
bird. Add oysters and stuff, or bake stuffing next to the bird.