[Sca-cooks] Fasting for Lent

Elizabeth Walpole elizabeth.r.walpole at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:16:51 PST 2011

I did try the medieval fast version during Lent last year, partly as a
persona research thing and partly as religious commitment (I am Catholic in
mundane life) As I don't usually eat much fish and don't like shellfish this
meant that I was essentially vegan. This year it's not so feasible as I'm no
longer living on my own, my partner doesn't like most of the pulses I used
last year as my protein source so as there's only the two of us there's not
much point in trying to make two meals. So its only Fridays, when I'm
required by modern Catholic law, that I will be avoiding meat.
Elizabeth