[Sca-cooks] Foodgrade Sandlewood

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 19 19:09:45 PDT 2011

<<< I am looking for a source for foodgrade sandlewood.
Does anyone know of any?
One of the Martino Mustard recipe calls for it.
I want to make this specific mustard recipe since it also calls for Saba.

Eduardo >>>

Since, I've seen several replies to this quest, this is probably too late. But just in case:

sandalwood-msg    (14K) 10/21/07  Period Sandalwood, also known as Saunders.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/sandalwood-msg.html

Under the latter name, it should be easier to find. The merch-spices-msg file in the same section has reviews and lists of multiple venders.

And for those who may have missed the earlier conversations on saba, sapa etc.
sapa-msg          (25K)  7/ 3/10  Concentrated grape juice. Also called saba,
                                     sabba. Often used in Italian cooking.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/sapa-msg.html

Stefan

--------