[Sca-cooks] eel was Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 59, Issue 7

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 19:46:17 PST 2011

Ana,
you make me hungry.  My family has a long tradition of new years day breakfast
being smoked eel served on scrambled egg on toast.  Sadly, for the last two
years we have not been able to obtain eel, even at the delis that used to import
them for the holidays.

The only eel I was able to locate in the local asian market was (I think)
conger, and it does NOT smoke up like the rich oily delicious fish I remember.

Purr
Gwen hungry and whistful now Cat
who should be prepping for the weekend

Message: 8