[Sca-cooks] medieval capirotada

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 19:17:39 PST 2011

Brighid ni Chiarain said:
<<< The medieval capirotada consists of layers of bread and roast fowl
with a sauce on top.  I don't see much relationship to an olla
podrida.>>>

Sounds like an interesting dish. Recipe? or better, a redaction?

It sounds somewhat similar to a dish that Master Cariadoc mentioned recently which was layers of flat bread with something in-brtween which was backed underneath a roasting chicken so the drippings fell on to it.

What is a good definition of "olla podrida"? From our earlier discussions it just seemed like a dish with everything you could think of, piled together. Maybe this isn't a representative series of recipes. Or maybe these aren't the same dish.

hollopotrida-msg (36K) 6/22/08 Period holopotrida recipes. Stews with a very wide variety of ingredients.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/hollapotrida-msg.html

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com