[Sca-cooks] Pennsic, mamouls

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 17 20:31:09 PDT 2011

Ilsebet said:
<<< I was thinking something similar might happen. I do hope I can make it
to Pennsic. If not, I'll try to send something for any such potluck
with someone else who will be going to Pennsic. Maybe I can finally
learn how to make mammoul... >>>

I'm not sure where you are, but just in case this might help:
Fly-2-Pennsic-msg (22K)  5/14/07  Flying to and from Pennsic and other events.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/Fly-2-Pennsic-msg.html

I've ridden to Pennsic three times and flown maybe 8 or more times, so I'd be happy to help anyone else if I can. I haven't done this for the last couple of years, but many of my methods should still be valid.

And I'm not sure if the idea of mamouls is connected to Kiri or not, and not to take away from Kiri if it is, but there is also this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section of the Florilegium:

mamouls-msg       (20K)  1/ 9/02  A Middle Eastern date/nut/dried fruit filled
                                     cookie embossed with patterns.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/mamouls-msg.html

Stefan

--------