[Sca-cooks] Drachenwald Camp Cookery Book now online

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Nov 2 18:10:41 PDT 2011

Prospect Books is down for maintenance so I have pulled these details
off
Worldcat. The Grainger is described as:
Introduction 1. Apicius and its context What is Apicius? Who was
Apicius intended for? The Apicius text - an overview The Vinidarius
collection Apicius in its context, etc.

Pulled my edition of Grainger off the shelf.
"The Extracts of Apicius by Vinidarius Latin Text and English
Translation" begins on page 309 and ends on 325.
The collection is also discussed on pages 32- 34 and on page 15.

Since this is coming from Drachenwald, they may be using the Milham
edition.
Apicii decem libri qui dicuntur De re coquinaria et Excerpta a
Vinidario conscripta. Leipzig : Teubner, 1969.

Other titles: Decem libri qui dicuntur De re coquinaria
Excerpta a Vinidario conscripta
De re coquinaria
  	 Responsibility: ed. Mary Ella Milham.

Amazon and Worldcat also list this one:
Concordantia apiciana: A concordance to Apicius' De re coquinaria and
Excerpta a vinidario with an analysis of the lexikon (Alpha-Omega)
(Latin Edition) by Angel Urbán (1995) Hildesheim [u.a.] : Olms-
Weidmann, 1995.

I can't tell exactly what that one contains. It's very expensive.

For those unaware of what we are talking about -- See http://www.enotes.com/food-encyclopedia/apicius
   which was written before the Grainger edition.

Johnnae