[Sca-cooks] Sour syrup?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 15 21:45:42 PST 2011

<<< Sure -- Vienna Codex 2644, and Latin Codex 9333. ?In both cases,
about 3/4 of the way through. ?I currently have on loan a copy of the
original Arabic with a French translation, so I checked that as well
-- entry 258 (???) is sekanjabin in Arabic and is translated as
oxymel. ?The original Arabic version is not illustrated.

-- Galefridus >>>

Really? With all the sugar, especially enough to make a syrup, I
wouldn't have thought of sekanjabin as *sour* syrup. It has been a
while since I've made some, though.

Stefan