[Sca-cooks] Portable Soup

Crandall crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 18:25:16 PST 2011

I suspect it is more like Erbswurst (pea sausage) - which was a standard military ration in the Franco/Prussian War and is still a commercial product made by Knorr. It is dehydrated pea soup. The Boer War British troops had a similar ration, which was made by Kopf's.
 - Journal of the United States Cavalry Association
United States Cavalry Association - 1894 ppg. 103-105

Crandall, Olde Phule

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong." -John Kenneth Galbraith