[Sca-cooks] Recipes for mustard oil?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:39:08 PST 2011

It seems mustard grows wild everywhere! There are different kind of mustard
seeds, one of those is originally from the Himalaya foothills, others were
found in the Molucca islands. And I read in some place today more than half
of the mustard seeds used in the world are from Canada!
Amazing!
Ana

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> Why specifically Indian cookery?
>
> Mustard seed was one of the few spices the grew natively in Europe. Does
> it even grow in India?
>
> Stefan
>
> <<< I would have thought Indian cookery.
>
> Johnnae >>>
>
> On Nov 15, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Raphaella DiContini wrote:
>
>>      One of my friends just returned from a European trip and
>> brought me back some mustard oil. I'm going to check further in
>> messisbugo, but I'm hoping to find some recipes calling for this
>> ingredient to experiment with.
>>
>> Raffaella
>>

> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/**marksharris<http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris>

http://www.twitter.com/caravia15853
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci