[Sca-cooks] Eat, Fry, Love OP OT

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Nov 18 11:16:59 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> So what are people eating in just a week?
>
> Johnnae

This year, as usual, R&M are heading upstate to eat turkey with
family, and I'll be staying here feeding the critters and cooking up
dinner for myself. I usually use it as an opportunity for some
experimental cooking- things that sound good to me, but may trigger
allergies or known food dislikes in R&M.

They'll be gone for the week, so I have several ideas I want to experiment with.

If I acquire a duck (I usually do) I was going to try a cranberry
variation of my usual duck recipe- duck roasted long and slowly, until
the skin is crispy, then split and served with a sauce, usually made
of various fruit jams- blueberry, strawberry, etc- but this time I
think I want to make it with cranberries. For some reason, never have
yet ;-) Wild rice, assorted greens, if available- turnip greens would
be my choice, maybe a baked sweet potato, and if we can get it, some
of that wonderful pumpkin pie ice cream a local butcher shop sells.
Apple cider to drink, maybe.

For other meals through the week, I want to play with beef and chicken
satay, and a lamb curry. Certainly, I want some mushrooms, because we
usually don't have them in the house due to allergies, and I love
them.

Since the girls are supplying me with their wonderful eggs, I might
try something fussy with eggs at one point- maybe a souffle.

In all, a peaceful week playing with food when I can't annoy anyone else ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

So, you think your data is safe?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/23/schneier.google.hacking/index.html?hpt=T2