[Sca-cooks] Deep-Fried Everything!-OT

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Nov 23 11:25:07 PST 2011

>Greetings! I was just made aware of a link with photos of myriad
>deep-fried foods:
>http://topcultured.com/proof-that-anything-can-be-deep-fried/
>
>What else have you encountered that's not pictured but is deep-fried??

They don't have fried herb leaves, used in modern garnishes, but it's
also in Rumpolt.

Rumpolt has battered fried cherries or figs; various kinds of fried
dough and funnelcakes; blanc mange wrapped in dough and fried; apple
or pear fritters; fresh cheese wrapped in dough and fried; batter
fried mushrooms; apples, cherry sauce, or marzipan spread between
wafers (Oblat) and fried,; grapes on the stem battered and fried

Sharon