[Sca-cooks] New Yorker Food Issue

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Nov 19 11:57:14 PST 2011

The New Yorker for 21 November 2011 is the "Food" issue.

This year the issue contains an article titled "The King’s Meal
Repasts of the past.
by Lauren Collins. The article profiles historian Lucy Worsley and her
work at Historic Royal Palaces.
The work to restore the Georgian kitchens at Kew Palace are mentioned
as is the work being done at Hampton Court. "Marc Meltonville, the co-
head of the Historic Kitchens team at Historic Royal Palaces, was in
the former buttery at Hampton Court Palace. Near the stove was a sheaf
of Xeroxes from the 1725 edition of “Court Cookery; or, the Compleat
English Cook.” “What we’re having to do,” Meltonville said, “is
retrofit a meal. We have the menu but no recipes.”

We know Marc of course for his work with the Tudor Cooks.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/11/21/111121fa_fact_collins#ixzz1eBP5o2Fu

Johnnae