[Sca-cooks] beer/ale, cheese soup

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Tue Oct 11 14:49:56 PDT 2011

Anna Wecker has a recipe for cheese soup to give to a woman in child bed.
It basically consists of the best grated cheese (green or aged Swiss is
mentioned) a fine meat broth, which might contain a bit of meat.  After
the cheese and broth are heated and combined to a smooth state,  hot
schmaltz, saffron, mace and salt are added.  An option is given to add
crushed pepper or caraway.  Finally egg yolks are stirred in. It can
satisfy the cravings of pregnant, sick and old folk.

Katherine