[Sca-cooks] cannellini beans

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 21:29:38 PDT 2011

Alizaundre said:
<<< You can't use favas both because of their very strong, earthy
taste and because of a nasty little biological trick we played on
ourselves, called favism, where a dangerous reaction to undercooked or
raw favas developed as a protection against malaria and then went way
overboard. >>>

I've heard of favism before, but this is the first I've heard of it
being connected with undercooked favas or as a protection against
malaria.

More details, please.

Stefan

--------