[Sca-cooks] peas vs. beans

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 21:40:51 PDT 2011

Ranvaig commented:
<<< I checked the index of Apicus for "bean" and "torta" and don't see
anything like this.    The notes say that one word now associated
with beans, actually meant peas then.  >>>

So what determines whether something is considered a bean and when it
is considered a pea? Now and in period?

At one time, this caused me to put all messages about beans or peas
into the same Florilegium file. Then because of the size the file was
getting, I started trying to file them in beans-msg or peas-msg. But
I've been uncertain on where to put many messages, so there's a lot of
material I have yet to get online.

Thanks,
   Stefan

--------