[Sca-cooks] Drachenwald Camp Cookery Book now online

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Fri Oct 28 10:45:03 PDT 2011

Salvete Omnes!

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Kingdom of Drachenwald's Camp Cookery Book "Plain Fare" is now online. Admittedly, I'm sending it to this list mostly in order for word to spread, since the target audience is people who do not know a lot about period cooking. Basically, it is a short collection of documentably period recipes - each one in English translation with a redaction - that are suitable for preparing in camp even by moderately skilled BBQ cooks. The idea is for this to be handed to newcomers to the culinary scene so that their camps may be fed on other things than grilled sausages and canned ravioli.

The file (pdf format) is onm the Kingdom of Drachenwald's A&S page

http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/content/arts-and-sciences

and can be downloaded here

http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/sites/default/files/PLAIN%20FARE.pdf

It is 86 pages, designed to be printed side by side on A4 or letter-size pages and bound into a handy booklet. Distribution in any form is encouraged. This is also part of our ongoing PR programme known under the catchy title "Hey, Drachenwald Exists!"

This concludes our message and we now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

YIS

Giano