[Sca-cooks] Non-Period Food for Non-Vigil

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Mon Oct 24 20:53:03 PDT 2011

This late in the season may prove a challenge for the machine. Wal-Mart
might have it on their clearance aisle. Walgreen's (if you have one)
sometimes carry year round.

I once had some fried balls that I can't remember if it is Indonesian or
Japanese. It is sweetened bean paste, covered in dough of rice flour and
rolled in sesame seeds and fried and can be served warm or cold. There was 3
sauces for dipping them in besides the chocolate. :) Plum was one of the
sauces but can't remember the other two.

Chestnuts are fall, I have heard of something called kurigohan, not sure
what that is other than chestnuts.

De