[Sca-cooks] Paris

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 06:23:38 PDT 2012

You must be a bit more precise :) Paris has plenty of food stores,
depending from what you want.
The best teashop in Europe is in Paris, Mariage Freres, in the Marais
district. Incredible amount of teas and a tea salong where you can taste
the teast they sell with incredible gateaux!
If you want to see the most exclusive food you must go to La Madeleine and
visit Fouquet and Fauchon, the biggest and most expensive "traiteurs" in
town. Not cheap but a grand spectacle.
If you want to buy the best charcuteries (ham, sausages, etc) you must go
to rue Mauffetard and their market, they have fresh cheeses and meat and
specialities from all the regions of France. They have goose and foie gras
from Auvergne, the best place to raise ducks and geese.
If you want to buy Vietnamite or Chinese specialities you should go to
Belleville, take the subway and you are going to think you are in Hong Kong
or Hanoi.
For Scandinavian food you should go to the food departament in a big store,
Le Bon Marché or to Lafayette Gourmet.

Ana

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Sandra J. Kisner <sjk3 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> You might also check out http://www.davidlebovitz.com/; he lives there
> now and has links down the right side of the page, including a section on
> Paris with links to everything from pastry shops and food markets to travel
> tips.
>
> Sandra

http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci