[Sca-cooks] ham/pork with gold bars

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Apr 12 19:42:40 PDT 2012

We indexed it a couple of different ways in the Concordance of English
Recipes.
Here's the recipe which is easy to share because Doc indexed it:
This is an excerpt from Ancient Cookery
(England, 1425)
The original source can be found at R. Warner's "Antiquitates
culinariae" (1791)

[This is actually Arundel 334.]

Pygge in barre. Take a pigge and farse (fluff) hym, and roste hym, and
in the rostynge endorse (lafle) hym; and when he is rosted lay
orethwart him over one barre of silver foile, and another of golde,
and serve hym forthe so al hole to the borde for a lorde.

Johnnae