[Sca-cooks] fwd: [MR] BBC: Dirty Books From the Middle Ages

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 24 21:58:08 PDT 2012

 From the Atlantia list, just because I thought some folks here might
be interested.

I wonder what a similar analysis of period cookbooks might tell us?

Stefan
------------
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:40:05 -0400
From: Garth Groff <ggg9y at virginia.edu>
To: isenfir at virginia.edu, atlantia at atlantia.sca.org
Subject: [MR] BBC: Dirty Books From the Middle Ages

Noble Friends,

The BBC recently posted this interesting piece about "dirty books". No,
they're not talking about THOSE dirty books, just how the accumulated
grime on old books shows which pages were read most often. They are
particularly talking about prayer books, which can tell us a lot about
the devotional habits of their owners through a very cool bit of
scientific investigation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17797190

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir's Unofficial Librarian

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris