[Sca-cooks] Early Period varieties of vegetables

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Wed Apr 25 21:16:32 PDT 2012

I am interested in your parsnip research.
There are recipes in De Honesta (the first five books not the last that are Martino) that uses parsnips or carrots. Very good recipes - one par-boiled rolled in "meal" and deep fried the other stewed with lettuce a spices. You could check out the journal article in PPC.
Eduardo

Maestro Eduardo Francesco Maria Lucrezia, O.L., O.P. Barone del Corte di AnTir

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net