[Sca-cooks] Early Period varieties of vegetables

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Apr 26 03:44:49 PDT 2012

I am under the impression that the original 3 volume set on St Gall contained plant lists
for the gardens. I used to go look at the set in Rare Books when I was at Illinois. (Prior to 1984 so it's been awhile.)

Let's see the title is:
The Plan of St. Gall: A Study of the Architecture & Economy of, & Life in a Paradigmatic Carolingian Monastery by Walter Horn and Ernest Born
Foreward by Wolfgang Braunfels, a translation into English by Charles W. Jones of the Directives of Adalhard, 753-826, the Ninth Abbot of Corbie, and with a note by A. Hunter Dupree on the Significance of the Plan of St. Gall to the History of Measurement (= California Studies in the History of Art 19), 3 volumes, Berkeley/Los Angeles / London 1979.

http://www.stgallplan.org/en/horn_born.html

Johnnae