[Sca-cooks] Early Period varieties of vegetables

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Apr 26 06:52:00 PDT 2012

I have used Sturtevant's Edible Plants of the World (1919) for a first cut.
He considered the history of the taxonomy as important as the taxonomy
itself.  Plants are listed by genus and species.  It isn't completely
accurate, but it is as thorough as anything of the date.  And more to the
point, there was a downloadable pdf on the web.

Bear