[Sca-cooks] another viking cookbook

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Apr 21 16:32:31 PDT 2012

And as I reported back in one of my first posts to this list in July
2001
that first European cookery book would be contained in the volume
titled LIBELLUS DE ARTE COQUINARIA
An Early Northern Cookery Book.

The Libellus brings together the four surviving versions, translates
them, adds textual notes, commentary
Indices, etc.  Did I mention that it’s the work of the late
Rudolf Grewe (who provided us with the LIBRE DE SENT
SOVI in 1979) and Constance B. Hieatt who is of course
The scholar behind PLEYN DELIT, CURYE ON INGLYSCH:
& AN ORDINANCE OF POTTAGE?

Johnnae llyn Lewis