[Sca-cooks] Rosh Hashanah - matzoh time - Jewish influence in Spain

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 15:00:45 PDT 2012

I am looking for Sephardi Recipes in general to demonstrate the Jewish
influence on Spanish cuisine.
Jews immigrated to Spain in 1 AD. They brought their recipes from Israel
and lived in Spain until Isabel the Catholic applied inquisition laws
against them.
I feel my Jewish friends don't get it. During 1400 years living in Spain
Jews really influenced Spanish cuisine.  I am not out to steal their
recipes but to share them as examples of how much they influenced
medieval Spain.
So if anyone is willing to share with me I would be most grateful. - I
am not earning any money from my blog - Spanish Medieval Chef - so any
voluntary comments and/or contributions would be most appreciated.
Gitlitz leaves me confused. To me he does not clearly explain why dishes
made on the Sabbath were considered Jewish and therefore condemning
evidence against so called Jewish converts. - Anyone can cook Swiss
Chard - so how is the Jew's Swiss chard different from the Christian's?
Suey