[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 76, Issue 4

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 2 14:10:17 PDT 2012

>She says she is two years out on her planning.  I can seriously only hope
>she gets enough OMG that she stops. She has contacted other cooks
>privately, and says they are all discouraging in her posts.
>
>Aldyth

I too hope she gets enough OMG that she stops planning on cooking a cat (I have two of my own, had to have a third put to sleep recently because she had an oral carcinoma). Maybe you can refocus her on doing a paper about cats in traditional cuisine in Spain and northern Italy, tie the traditional recipes to the medieval ones, and have her do the de Nola recipe with rabbit. Incidentally, all of the mentions of cat eating in traditional cuisines in Italy I have found have been from northern Italy; nothing from southern Italy (which had all the Jews and Muslims, who both consider cat meat unclean - since there's no tradition of cat eating that I an find my guess is that despite Latinization and religious conversion, certain cultural mores from those two populations persisted).

YIS,
Adelisa