[Sca-cooks] To cat or not to cat

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:57:24 PDT 2012

huh.  I'm clueless as to why this is a big issue (unless she's taking
someone's pet), but then I don't understand most social cues.  So I'll stay
out of the mix, here.

I'm wondering, though, do you folks have the same attitude toward, say,
wildcats, like lynx?  I mean, some of them are almost as small as a
housecat (depending on the breed)....how about possum, or "ring-tailed cat"
or polecat or whadyacallums .....uh, raccoon?

Do you have the same objection to bunnies?  Muskrat?

For me, society is a minefield, and I'm trying to figure out the "trigger,"
here.  Hard to avoid it if you don't understand it.
That's what I get for growing up in the woods.  My dog wasn't a mine of
information on taboos.  I guess I'm lucky that I figured out that sniffing
crotches wouldn't fly....although that dog was amazingly smart....just
not...uh...the same outlook....

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Robin Carroll-Mann
<rcarrollmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Deborah Hammons
> <mistressaldyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hopefully she will decide NOT to serve it up at an A&S.  Which was what
> she
> > was looking at.
>
> If she happens to be using my translation, and if--God forbid--this
> project is actually implemented and submitted, I don't want my name
> (SCA or mundane) anywhere on the documentation.  Feel free to pass
> that along.
>
> Brighid ni Chiarain

Ian of Oertha