[Sca-cooks] To cat or not to cat

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo dama.antonia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 01:47:26 PDT 2012

On 4/08/2012 4:51 a.m., Susan Fox wrote:
> On 8/2/2012 9:20 PM, Dama Antonia wrote:
>>
>> *shrug*
>>
>> I'm always confused by the negative reactions people outside NZ seem
>> to have to the suggestion of eel (usually considered a treat here)
>> and game in general.
>>

> Unless it is at a sushi bar.  For some reason, nobody seems to object
> to unagi with that yummy sweet sauce!  I may go shop at the Asian
> market and make some eel pies.  Got any favorite recipes for eel,
> milady?  Yes I could look it up but I want to know what YOU like.

Actually, I don't.  Freshwater eel is more something that you fish for
yourself rather than buy, and there are limits to my enthusiasm.  Eel
enthusiasts frequently smoke or barbecue them, and when someone has any,
they tend to get eaten with great gusto.

I like the Japanese-style BBQ stuff, as well.  With rice and pickles.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo