[Sca-cooks] Any Port in a Storm

Daniel And elizabeth phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:01:07 PDT 2012

Having sailed upon a stormy sea or two in my checkered past and wished to be quit of it at those times I can assure any who question that "any port in the storm" means exactly, religious exhortations not withstanding, what it says. Thus in such circumstances the meaning of the phase is closer to the use by Cleland than in the 1657 passage cited.

Daniel